Get started with commercial features
Sensu Go offers commercial features designed for monitoring at scale. All commercial features are available in the official Sensu Go distribution, and you can use them for free up to an entity limit of 100. If you have more than 100 entities, contact the Sensu sales team for a free trial.
In addition to the summary on this page, we describe commercial features in detail throughout the documentation. Watch for this notice to identify commercial features:
COMMERCIAL FEATURE: Access <feature_name> in the packaged Sensu Go distribution. For more information, see Get started with commercial features.
Commercial features in Sensu Go
- Integrate your Sensu observability pipeline with industry-standard tools like ServiceNow and Jira with supported integrations and enterprise-tier dynamic runtime assets.
- Manage resources from your browser: Use the Sensu web UI to manage events and entities and create, edit, and delete checks, handlers, mutators, silences, and event filters.
- Control permissions with Sensu role-based access control (RBAC), with the option of using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Active Directory (AD), or OpenID Connect 1.0 protocol (OIDC) for authentication.
- Use mutual transport layer security (mTLS) authentication to provide two-way verification of your Sensu agents and backend connections.
- Protect your sensitive information with secrets management. Avoid exposing usernames, passwords, and access keys in your Sensu configuration by integrating with HashiCorp Vault or using Sensu’s built-in environment variable secrets provider.
- Manage your monitoring resources across multiple data centers, cloud regions, or providers and mirror changes to follower clusters with federation. Federation affords visibility into the health of your infrastructure and services across multiple distinct Sensu instances within a single web UI.
- Log observation data to a file you can use as an input to your favorite data lake solution.
- Achieve enterprise-scale event handling for your Sensu instance with a PostgreSQL event store. Access the PostgreSQL event datastore with the same Sensu web UI, API, and sensuctl processes as etcd-stored events.
- Get enterprise-class support: Rest assured that with Sensu support, help is available if you need it. Our expert in-house team offers best-in-class support to get you up and running smoothly.
Contact us for a free trial
Sensu’s commercial features are free for your first 100 entities. If your Sensu installation includes more than 100 entities, contact the Sensu sales team for a free trial of commercial features at scale in Sensu Go.
Manage your Sensu account and contact support through account.sensu.io.
Get started with commercial features in Sensu Go
If you haven’t already, install the Sensu Go backend, agent, and sensuctl tool and configure sensuctl.
You will need a commercial license if your Sensu installation includes more than 100 entities. To download your commercial license file:
- Log in to your Sensu account at account.sensu.io.
- Click Download license.
NOTE: In some cases, you may need to click Generate license before you can download your license.
With the license file downloaded, you can use sensuctl to activate your commercial license:
sensuctl create --file sensu_license.json
NOTE: For clustered configurations, you only need to activate your license for one of the backends within the cluster.
Use sensuctl to view your license details at any time:
sensuctl license info
These resources will help you get started with commercial features in Sensu Go: